Holiday Gifts to Benefit Teeth!
Still looking for the perfect stocking stuffer, guaranteed to make someone smile? Falmouth Dental Arts wants that “Thank You!” Smile to be extra healthy, so we polled our staff for their Top Five tooth-related presents.
1. Electric Toothbrush: You’ve most likely heard by now that electric toothbrushes are more effective at cleaning your teeth than a standard manual toothbrush. Another benefit to the electric brushes is built-in timers to ensure proper brushing time. They’re fun for kids, safe for gums, and help people with braces or other oral appliances clean better!
We recommend Oral B or Sonicare models.
2. Waterpik: If you’ve always wanted to replicate the refreshing feel of the dentist’s waterpik at home, now is your chance! Waterpiks are easy to use, and are shown to be more effective than traditional string floss at reducing gingivitis and removing plaque.
We recommend the cordless travel Waterpik; it’s less expensive, more convenient, and mobile!
3. Shower Flosser: another member of the oral irrigation family, the shower flosser takes water-picking to new levels. An easy-to-install attachment connects the flosser to your shower head so that you’re able to combine your flossing and showering time–at last!
4. Woven Floss: If you’re not ready to invest in an oral irrigation system or just prefer the tradition of flossing, our staff recommends purchasing a woven floss. Made of microfibers, woven flosses expand between teeth to provide a deeper clean. However, the microfiber technology still allows the floss to fit intotight gaps without shredding. Gentle and soft on sensitive gums, woven floss does it all!
5. ACT Restoring Mouthwash: After you’ve finished brushing with your new electric toothbrush and have wrapped up whatever flossing method you prefer, a cool swish of minty mouthwash is just what the dentist ordered. Dr. Brunacini and Dr. Karagiorgos prefer ACT Restoring mouthwash for its anti-cavity power.
Any one of these five items makes for a fantastic, practical, and thoughtful gift for your loved one–or give your own teeth a little love this holiday season with a present to you, from you. If you’re lucky enough to give or receive a dental-related present this year, please share it on Falmouth Dental Arts’ Facebook page!
If you had one too many candy canes and need to schedule a post-holiday cleaning, please call our office at 207.781.5900.