The Team at Falmouth Dental Arts remains committed to the safety of our patients and our staff.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your previous visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, you will see some changes at your next appointment: Please read this list carefully and thoroughly to make sure that you are ready and prepared upon arrival.
Prior to your appointment…
- Our FDA scheduling team will call each patient to schedule an appointment. Please know we are working diligently to get each patient scheduled as soon as possible within the new guidelines.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some health screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will be using electronic pre screening wellness forms to have you fill out the morning of your appointment before you check in with us.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, especially fever, dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing or body aches.
At your appointment….
- PLEASE SHOW UP FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. With our reduced schedule, canceling at the last minute or not showing up for your appointment, eliminates an opportunity for other patients.
- Please wear a mask. You will wear it into the office and until you are seated in the treatment room. At the end of your appointment, you will then be asked to replace your mask and proceed to check out.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to your scheduled appointment time. We will be asking you to stay in your car and check in with us by texting or calling from the parking lot.
- You will have your temperature checked when you arrive at our office.
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter our office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please brush and floss before you arrive. We can not allow for spitting into our public sinks in the restrooms.
- Due to disinfecting challenges with shared objects, we will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc. in the waiting room.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Please only patients in the office. Exceptions will be made for parents accompanying children or caretakers accompanying the patient.
- Our Air Conditioning will be on high to keep our staff cool while wearing additional layers of personal protective equipment (PPE). Please come prepared with a sweater or sweatshirt.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 207-781-5900 or visit our website at www.portlandmainedentists.com/.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Falmouth Dental Arts